Clusters for Economic Growth and Indsutry Transformation, May 28, 2019, Brisbane, Australia
EDA Queensland in partnership with TCI Oceania and Regional Development Australia, Brisbane organised a special Brisbane Luncheon Forum with visiting European Cluster Manager of the Year and member of the EU Strategy Roundtable for 'Industry 2030', Bianca Dragomir.
You can check the materials from the from the presentations given on this day by clicking here.
Program of the event as it unfoleded:
Arrive 11.00 for 11.30am start
11.30 - 11.50am Welcome / EDA in 2019 - Update on current activities and future plans,
Jacqueline Brinkman, CEO, EDA (Economic Development Australia)
11.50 - 12.10pm "Beyond specialisations - how clusters are actually supporting above average growth in regions across Qld and Australia" with Keenan Jackson, .id
12.10 - 12.30pm ‘The Collaboration Imperative – Clusters and Industry Growth’ Joint presentation by Tracy Scott-Rimington, Chair, TCI Oceania with Ian Dover, Acting CEO, METS Ignited and Paul Hodgson, General Manager Innovation and Stakeholder Engagement (East Coast), NERA
12.30 - 1.00pm Luncheon served
1.00 - 1.45pm “Clusters for Economic Growth & Industry Transformation”, with guest speaker Bianca Dragomir
“Systemic innovation is needed for exponential change at the industry level. Clusters play a crucial role in this. They are impact multipliers, brokers of innovation, smart investments boosters and engines of growth. They can catalyse change at speed and scale.”
- Shed light on how clusters shape the industries of the future.
- Share the turnaround of Avaesen Cleantech Cluster (Spain) and its journey from a ‘cluster as usual’ to a ‘cluster of change’.
- Convey the missing keys to build a successful world-class cluster and how to create a thriving ecosystem of mutual success and growth for a plurality of stakeholders.
- Bring inspiration on how Europe is creating a pan-European scaling-up mechanism through clusters.
- Provide key insights and tools for Australian clusters to shape open, inter-connected, multi-collaborative, innovation-driven and financially self-sustained clusters, to leverage smart investments through smart collaborations
- Followed by Q&A
1.45 - 2.15pm Panel discussion “How to incorporate clusters into existing economic development work” with Jacqueline Brinkman, Tracy Scott-Rimington, Bianca Dragomir and Keenan Jackson.
2.15pm Close and networking opportunity