The TCI Network is in the process of selecting candidate organizations to host its 21st TCI Global Conference, TCI 2018. TCI is looking for a host who demonstrates creative capabilities to make a unique and interesting proposal, with a proven record in working with competitiveness and cluster issues and in organising world class events in this field. Please note that TCI will only answers organizations that actively support programs on competitiveness and cluster development.
About TCI Conferences
The TCI conferences bring together experts in the field from around the globe and aim to be a forum to create progress in the practice of cluster development, regional competitiveness and innovation support. The conferences are the meeting point for the TCI community and are open to members and non-members of TCI.
Since 1998, TCI has been received in outstanding cities and regions from the five continents, renowned for building competitiveness strategies from the strengths of their clusters and people. The 20th TCI Anniversary Global Conference will take place in Bogota, Colombia, 7 – 9 November 2017. In addition to the Global Conference, TCI responds to the member interests through the organization of other regional and thematic conferences/workshops.
Full documentation on TCI conferences held so far is available here: www.tci-network.org/conferences
All the TCI conferences are co-organized between TCI and one of its Organizational Members. A Host organization must be a member of the TCI Network and support an active program on competitiveness and clusters. A TCI Conference makes the Host highly visible, both internationally and within its own local and regional context. It is an opportunity to profile your economic development and to learn from world-class experts and global delegates.
Submission of Proposals:
- Write to Patricia Valdenebro, CEO TCI Network, email@example.com. She will send you the full RFP document with complete information about the requirements to host the conference. It is the responsibility of the Proponent to obtain further information and clarification of the requirements, prior to submitting a Proposal. Please note that we will only answer organizations that actively support programs on competitiveness and cluster development. Requests from convention bureaus will not be replied.
- Proponents must send Patricia Valdenebro a proposal signed by an authorized official by 21 April 2017 (by email). All submissions must include the complete information required in the RFP. TCI will review this information and might ask for clarification/revision of certain items.
- TCI will communicate the selected Host on 31 May 2017. The venue will be officially announced and presented at the 20th TCI Global Conference on 8 November 2017 in Bogota, Colombia.
- Open call for proposals: 31 January 2017
- Deadline for submissions of proposals: 21 April 2017
- Clarification period (if required): 15 May 2017
- Notification of selected host: 31 May 2017
- Cooperation agreement signed: 30 June 2017
- First payment to TCI: 31 July 2017
- Site visit & meeting with conference hosts: September-October 2017
- Official announcement of the 2018 venue: 8 November 2017 in Bogota, Colombia