17th TCI Global Conference, Monterrey 2014
"Creating Shared Value through Clusters for a Sustainable Future"
10 November 2014
13 November 2014
The 17th TCI 2014 Global Conference took place in Monterrey, Mexico, on 10-13 November 2014. Under the theme of “Creating shared value through clusters for a sustainable future”, the conference addressed the question of how clusters contribute to create shared value among organizations and in regions/communities.
The future economic, social and environmental development depends on the capacity of organizations to operate under a model of across-the-board value creation. The role of clusters supporting this effort will be critical in order to have a satisfactory long-term outcome. Thus it was very meaningful to have a space for an exchange of views on this issue. The 17th TCI Global Conference provided a unique opportunity for cluster practitioners, policy-makers, business executives and academics to advance the understanding of shared value creation and to work towards practical solutions.
The three-days event plus the extension day offer to participants:
- 6 Cluster tours: get to know cluster initiatives in Monterrey. Learn first-hand from key stakeholders in each cluster about their achievements and difficulties and find out how to initiate and manage innovation partnerships among cluster actors.
- 4 Cluster labs: immerse in new and alternative topics and tools related to cluster development, like management 3.0 and ecosystem analysis.
- 12 Plenary sessions and panels: find out leading experts' vision for the future and unique insights towards sustainable clusters and economies.
- 12 Parallel sessions: learn from your peers and exchange their experiences in these interactive/international/cross-cutting sessions.
- C2C Cluster-to-Cluster meetings: gather with potential partners and explore opportunities of cooperation in international projects.
- Networking events: expand their network of contacts and enjoy the welcome cocktail (Monday), networking breaks, TCI members' event (Tuesday) and gala dinner (Wednesday).
Behind the conference
The Nuevo Leon Economic Development Secretariat, the Nuevo Leon State Government and Nuevo Leon Clusters in Mexico were the three main partner organizations behind the conference working in collaboration with TCI.